Rest Day: Lethbridge

It's funny; two days on the road and I never once thought about quitting, but the moment you sit me down with my family, good food, and a comfy bed, the next 3200km just seems so daunting. This is why I didn't let myself sleep in this morning, this is why I refused to go get a massage as per my mother's request, this is why I didn't go for that last helping of ribs; I didn't want to get too comfortable.

Ok... I was lying about the ribs.

Little Elaina was an absolute joy to be around even though I was so exhausted that I didn't have a lot of energy to play. Still, just watching her explore the world with her eyes is fascinating and it's pretty cool to start to notice elements of our family in her personality.

I had a couple of interviews today and got to do some work on the bike. I'm hoping I've dropped enough weight from the panniers to help the back tire, but the real test will be tomorrow. We just had a massive meal and I'm currently listening to a HUGE thunderstorm roll into Lethbridge. While I wouldn't mind a bit of cool, grey sky weather, I'm hoping the wind and rain will blow over through the night.

Myeloma Canada has setup a youtube page (http://www.youtube.com/myelomacanada) that I encourage you to check out. They're gradually releasing videos which we filmed during my stopover in Toronto. They feature many of the other people who are involved in this campaign from corporate sponsorship, to medical researchers to members of Myeloma Canada.

See the latest below with Dr. Donna Reece from the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto.

http://www.prairiepedal.com/

1 comments:

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Dear Shane,
Rest days are meant to rejuvenate,so enjoy them!
I'm sure you'll never quit ;we all know why .

The Cause will give YOU the Strength,
Hope will give US Strength.
A.

Post a Comment