Day 1: Words can't describe

I have absolutely no idea where to even begin with this day. Let's start at the end.

A wind storm just blew in from the north, ridding us of this unbearable 30 degree heat and nearly blowing my tent half way to lethbridge (at least I wouldn't have the extra weight).

When I say "us" i'm refering to Tim, Maggie and the entire crew I met in Nanton. They're setting up in the community park for tomorrows big fireworks display and were kind enough to invite me to join them for dinner and a few "experiments" we'll be testing tonight.

I know I should really sleep, but blowing stuff up is a favorite past time of mine.

I arrived in Nanton around 5pm, being escourted by the fine men of the Alberta sheriff's office. The guys were a huge help on a day when I really needed it.

I had two seperate flats today on my rear wheel. While I fixed them, I think the bigger problem is the weight I was carrying on the back. As such I'll be trying to lighten my load once I hit lethbridge.

I got a bit of a rough start through Calgary this morning which I'm going to blame on a shotty 8 year old bike trail map, not my keen navigation skills.

This morning however was fantastic. Carol and the entire southern Alberta support group did an amazing job of the run and it was a pleasure having the group there to see me off. I ended up walking the 5km with my parents which was much more enjoyable and likely a good idea for the rest of the day.

And when I woke up this morning, I ate. That hasn't really stopped all day.

I'm off to blow up some fireworks and then get some rest for the 130km haul to lethbridge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment