The Cyclist

Hi there! My name is Shane Saunderson and I’m cycling from Calgary to Toronto to raise funds and awareness for Myeloma Canada. I’m 27 years old and originally from the small farming community of Souris, Manitoba.

I moved to Montreal in 2000 where I did a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering at McGill. Afterward, I co-founded an engineering consultancy business and also worked for another small Montreal company. For the past year, I’ve been living and working in the UK with a startup business in Oxford.

In October, I broke my ankle while playing rugby, and required surgery to pin the bone back together. My recovery has been slow, however thanks to the pushing of my friends and triathlon teammates Vicky, Michal and Iain, I’ve been slowly stepping (actually, pedaling) towards riding two wheels across the center of the greatest country in the world.

I am an avid writer, obsessive musician, lover of all kinds of sport, and as most friends will tell you, am completely out of my mind. I play in a band with my good friend Iain called The Noble Rogues and maintain a music review blog called Evil Shananigans. If you’re curious to learn a bit more about me, you can also visit my personal website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment