Day 21: Little things

The day was horrid. I'll say it.

It was still raining when I got going, but I had already lost a day and wanted to push on. I'd only made it 15km to Schrieber and I was already contemplating stopping for the day. I was wet and chilled to the bone. I stopped for breakfast and the sun eventually came out. That was my cue to get back on the road.

The wind of course had other plans and gave me my slowest day on the road. It was the little things such as the subtle incorrectness of this sign that kept me going:


The massive hills continued to appear in front of me but I didn't mind climbing them. I went about the same speed up them as I did down, except I didn't have to deal with a blast of wind in the face.

I set camp on a rock face off the highway, just shy of Marathon. I really needed a good night sleep... shame I wouldn't get it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment