Day 8: Something I ate?

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Above is the sound you might have heard while standing idly on the trans-Canada somewhere between Chaplin and Moose Jaw as I soared by. As you can see from the Trip Log I had a bit of energy today. I'm not sure if it was food, the nice day, a good sleep in the tent last night, or if I'm finally just getting into the zone, but I even surprised myself when I looked down to see that I had broken my bike's old speed record (60km/h!!).

The morning flew by, mostly because I was pedling like a madman and didn't focus on much else. I arrived into Moose Jaw around noon and was put in touch with Benton; a friend of Nathan's. I had a fantastic afternoon helping Benton and his friends haul their camper up to a nearby lake and setup. We got to enjoy some time under the hot sun and eventually, Benton and I drove back into Moose Jaw.

We made dinner and had a great conversation about traveling, and all the amazing places to see in the world. I thought I had some pretty incredible stories from my days of jetsetting, but Benton had suggestions of places to go to that I hadn't even thought existed.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Regina, where I'm hoping to meet with some members of the local support group. I don't think they realized how close I was to the city (I've been pedaling hard!) so I hope we have a chance to meet up! I was also contacted by the daughter of a patient in Ontario who is driving through and hoping to meet up on the road.

All I can say is that every person who sends me an email, honks on the trans-Canada or happens to meet me along the way makes my day that much better, so please, keep it coming!! The road is a beautiful thing and made that much better by the people you encounter along the journey.

www.prairiepedal.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment