Day 3: Will Power

I should have known better about today when I started singing songs from Disney's Aladin not 5 km out of Lethbridge.

Yeah... It was one of those days.

I recall when looking at the rain forcast with my family saying that i'd much prefer a cool rainy day to the sweltering heat. I'd like to openly admit that I was wrong and revoke that statement. I'm not sure if it was the 11 degree weather or the heavy rain that got me down the most. What I AM sure of is that the head wind trumped them both and made for a chilly ride. As encouraging as my escourts, Cory and Troy, were... This day was simply not going to be pleasant.

By the time I arrived in Bow Island and found a camping site, I was shaking like mad and suddenly realized a small risk of hypothermia since I was so wet. I quickly changed into some dry clothes and began to set my tent up when low and behold, mom & dad arrived on their way through back to the farm. A nice meal was enough to warm me up for a bit, but I've still spent the bulk of the afternoon in my sleeping bag.

I got wise around 30 minutes ago and have been emailing on my iPhone in the heated bathroom. It's a day that I would have loved to take the afternoon off and see the town (and the worlds largest pinto bean) however my personal warmth has to win out. Beans may mean a lot to me but even I have my limits.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to skip through Medicine Hat and stay a bit east. I'm also hoping for some slightly warmer weather so everyone think sunny thoughts.


Oh and if you want ridiculous, try setting up your tent under a concrete gazeebo since it's too wet and windy outside.

It's hilarious out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment