Day 10: Friends in flat places

Well finally, after nearly 2 weeks on the road, I met some other cyclists. Sitting down for breakfast in Whitewood I stumbled upon two wonderful New Brunswickers named Joanne and Genvieve. They had been almost as unlucky as I meeting people on the road so we decided to join forces and head east together. We had a gorgeous day with a nice tail wind and a rare thing for me, pleasant conversation.

The day of course got that much better when I saw this sign:

Don't tell mom & dad but the insanity continued and I put in around another 170km day. I'm now in Virden staying with what might as well be my second family: the Towlers. Garth and Bev have been nice enough to put the 3 of us up for the night and after a great meal, we're sitting around catching up. I'll wake up tomorrow and enjoy my morning before a brief 75km jaunt down to the farm. As always, my personality was much more condusive to working hard today to relax tomorrow. Instead of 2 days off on the farm, I'll now have 3 days to enjoy family, food, and my old town Souris.

Joanne and Genvieve were a joy to travel with but tomorrow morning they'll be moving on toward Winnipeg and the rest of their journey. I on the other hand will be biking my sore butt straight to my own bed.

Oh, and no Mom & Dad, Garth did not come out and pick me up in the middle of the night... though I must say the offer was intriguing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment