Day 20: What a shot

(expanded upon from barely decipherable notebook scribbles)
Surprise surprise, I'm back on the road, it's raining, 10 degrees and there's a headwind. Fortunately the rain is periodic and the wind is slight. Generally speaking, not a bad day when compared to most of my recent ones.

Just shy of Nipigon, the icing was added to the cake when a west bound semi kicked up and golf ball sized rock which found it's way almost perfectly to my crotch. The shot couldn't have been better if the driver had tried, from a meter away, with a laser scope and some sort of genital guidance system. Fortunately, the tower defended the domes, if you catch my drift, so the extrutiating pain lasted only 5 minutes, not an hour.

A passing minivan stopped to see if I was ok. I grumbled out a yep, but when they double checked, I replied, "well, no, but i'd rather not get into it.". Once I hit Nipigon, I found a forecast which put Friday as one of the most miserable days I'd seen. A quick discussion with the voices in my head concluded that I not stop, but make it as far as I could in the event that the meteorolgist actually be right for once.

The road past Nipigon was breathtaking as you can see below:


However, the gorgeous hills were as difficult as I had been warned about. Still, I pushed on and made it roughly 185km to Rossport. It was perfect since I had heard of an amazing cafe called Serendipity. I had a great meal and managed to set my tent up just east of town before the rain began.

This trip was all fun and games before I had to start worrying about losing my ability to have kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment