Support around the globe!

My good friend Jenn is currently teaching english to kids in Taiwan. When she heard about my campaign, she was inspired and decided that she wanted to find a way to help out. What she did reminded me of the wealth of human kindness, regardless of age, location or culture.

Jenn teaches mostly 5th graders at an after-school learning center called Big Byte. At the time of my announcement, the class was studying a section on volunteering. As an end to the section, Jenn thought it would be an interesting project to have the kids try to fundraise for a charity, which the Prairie Pedal was lucky enough to be the recipient of.

So, Tin tin, Marian, Lolo, Ruby, Elodie, Tiger, Justin, Brandon, Amos, Calvin and Andy have made posters, and have been asking around their friends and families for donations. Jenn has graciously agreed to match whatever they raise.

I was touched by this gesture and am hugely thankful to Jenn and all of her students. If a handful of children in Taiwan are able to contribute to this fundraiser, I hope I can count on just as much support from everyone else who visits this site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment