Calm before the storm

First, a huge thank you to everyone who has donated so far. The campaign is off to a great start, and I'm becoming more and more excited by the day. By the time you actually unleash me on a bike, I'll be out of Calgary and turning the long bend around Lake Superior inside of a week.

Well, ok... that's a bit ridiculous... but I am excited.

I wanted to post a quick update that I'll be taking a much needed vacation before ramping up promotions and preparing for the journey in August. Two of my wonderful friends, Antoine and Mounia, are hosting their wedding in Morocco and I will be spending June 10-20th basking in hot sun and the love of wonderful friends from Montreal.

I'm still hoping to keep in email contact, and possibly post the odd teaser update regarding beaches on 40'C days.

Update 22/06/09: The wedding was incredible and seeing friends whom I hadn't seen in over a year was the greatest holiday I could ask for. It was ridiculously hot, we barely slept, we were caught in the midst of a swine flu epidemic, I wore a djellaba and I loved every single moment of it. A HUGE thank you to Mounia's family for everything and to all of my friends for an unforgettable week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment